Wednesday, January 3, 2024

2023 Reflection Post

    2023 turned out to be an incredible year. (I don't know if this is normal, but I was nervous to say if it was a good year or not in case something devastating happened last minute as a jinx for saying it was a good year in advance.) Luckily that didn't happen. 2023 was filled with wonderful adventures to new places including Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Dresden, Manchester, and Liverpool. I was promoted at work into being a Registered Behavior Technician and I traveled to Europe by myself which was my first time overseas. (Yes it was stressful but I survived.) I went to two concerts including a preshow drink and the ability to watch sound check for Phantom Planet. I also got bronchitis for the first time, and many days of dealing with terrible allergies throughout. (I blew my nose, coughed, and had more sore throats this year then any year previously that I can remember.) (The info you didn't ask for.) Besides this summary I will list the main things that occurred in each month of 2023. Throughout the year I also attended church most Sundays and was involved with kid's work for the 4th-5th grade class around once a month. I also helped out with Cru on Tuesday nights (Jan-April), and attended homegroup most weeks. 


   January

- Brought in the new year at a party at my friend Morgan's house. 

- Got bronchitis 

- Went to a Cru Leadership Conference at a hotel in Milwaukee (My friends Trae and Machaela ran the UW Parkside chapter of Cru which is a Christian group on campus, and I was one of the people to help out with Cru from the fall of 2022- the Spring of 2023.) 



February

-I got stuck in my friend's driveway. As I was backing up I got stuck in a snow drift, and also their driveway was completely frozen. It was also close to midnight, very cold, and my friend, her brother, and dad came to dig my car out and break up the ice. 

- I went to Candy Lane Milkshake Bar with friends, and had the most candy/sugar-filled shake of my life. (They unfortunately shut down)

-My brother had written a play and it debuted in Milwaukee so I went with my parents and their friends to go see it. 

-I turned 27. 























March

-Celebrated my birthday with friends at Honada's 

- Got an upper-respiratory infection 

-Celebrated dad's 60th birthday 




April

-Got blonde highlights

-Went to Myrtle Beach with Rebecca to escape the cold Wisconsin weather and see the ocean. It was freezing when we left, but ended up getting into the 70s in Wisconsin while we were gone. :P We also spent a day in Charleston. 

- My friend Trae invited me to the Youth for Christ Banquet that went over the organizations accomplishments of the year. (Racine area). 

- Went to my friend Beth's bridal shower



May

-Went to Milwaukee with my friend's Mary and Megan

-My friend Kayla had an outdoor baby shower, and it downpoured for 20 minutes. :P 

-Saw Phantom Planet in Chicago with Rebecca. Bought tickets where you could attend soundcheck and hang out with the members of Phantom Planet for a preshow drink. After the concert we stayed to talk with them as well. 























June

- My friend's Beth and Will got married

- Did a painting class with my mom at Pinot's Palate (It was a Mother's Day gift but we also celebrated Father's Day with my brother and sister in law that day afterwards.) 


July

-Went to Libertyville to visit my friend Nicole 

- Went to a 4th of July Party with church friends 

- Traveled to South Bend for our church's annual conference, OCM. I stayed with a group of girls from Cru. On our way to Indiana I ended up getting a virus which gave me a bad sore throat for the rest of the conference and achiness. 

- My friend's Trae and Machaela had a going away party. (They moved to North Carolina.) 

- Did another painting class at Pinot's Palette, this time with both mom and dad

- Helped Trae and Machaela get ready for their move


































August

- Saw the Barbie Movie twice

-Got promoted into being a Registered Behavior Technician

September

- Traveled to Europe by myself and explored Dresden, Manchester, Prague, and Liverpool. I visited my friend Phil and his wife Anna in Dresden, and visited my friend Kez in Manchester. There were eight flights, a lot of bus rides, train rides, moped rides, and Ubers, and I didn't miss any of them. :P I was also briefly in Bristol, Zurich, and Amsterdam. 

- Celebrated my friend Nicole's birthday at Apple Holler 



















October

- Had a movie night at my apartment where we watched "The Best of Me" 

- Went to a bonfire party with young adults from church 

November

- November was pretty uneventful. I got lunch with a few friends after church at Tacos El Norte one Sunday, and celebrated Thanksgiving at my cousin's house. 

December

- Traveled to Chicago with a few friends to explore the German Christmas Market 

- Got dinner and then saw Lovejoy in Milwaukee with Rebecca 

- Went to a Christmas themed movie night at a friend's house and watched "The Santa Clause" 

- Went to our young adults Christmas party for church and came in second place for cookie decorating. 

- Celebrated Christmas at my aunt's house and parent's house 

- Celebrated New Year's Eve with a murder mystery game and a few rounds of "Heads Up" with my parents and other family members. 





No comments:

Post a Comment