Friday, January 1, 2016

A Year in Review 2015

    2015 was a year of immense growth, especially in my faith.  Although I faced difficult things, I learned a lot.  Even though the first half of the year and second half of the year look vastly different I'm going to include all the important memories.  They all made up 2015. 

January
- Brought in the year in worship with a bunch of other young adults in Minneapolis at a Christian conference. 
- I also got to babysit some cute children (Addison and Dayton)

- Right before the end of Winter Break my brother performed in "Midsummer Night's Dream" at Carthage.

February
- I had a double-dorm room to myself. 


- The first weekend back on campus we had a Cru planning day on campus. After a long day of planning, we went bowling.  After bowling we got dinner together at the Brickstone, sat a really long time then went up to Jeremy's dorm to watch a movie.  The movie sucked. 



- I met the lovely Courtney Dunn through Laurette, and because of this "The Squadgons" were formed. (Courtney, Laurette, Jeremy and I.)  "The Squadgons" played pool together, and discussed certain things such as: How does a lightbulb work? and why aren't squares called quadgons?


- I also met Liza during February!!!
My birthday took place on a Thursday.  Which was perfect because it was a bible study night.  We did bible study and then everyone hung out in Jeremy's dorm.  Robert had so much energy he ran into Jeremy's closet and damaged it.  He would then fall asleep on Jeremy's floor.  My mom bought me a cheesecake which I put unlit candles in (fire safety) and pretended to blow them out.  This would also be the infamous day of the black and blue dress.  There were only two of us that saw it as black and blue, and I was one of them. 



March
- Laurette and I as well as my family saw a play at Carthage. ("Up the Hill")
- The Squadgons met up again minus Laurette. 
- Cru put on Maze.  Our biggest event of the year, and ever.  Maze was a illusions/hypnotist show.  For the first half of the show the Christian magician would do his magic tricks and the second part of the show he would share his testimony.  If you felt lead to accept God you could do that.  The magician's testimony was all about how he had barely survived cancer.  It was probably the biggest audience Parkside has ever had in the cinema.  So it was a great turn out for the amount of time we put into advertisement, and promotion etc. 

April
- During Spring Break I got to meet up with Christian! We went to places such as Kohl's, Starbucks, and Goodwill. 
-During Spring Break Easter was also celebrated.  My family celebrated Easter at our house.  Unfortunately on the day of Easter I also had to go back to college since I had classes the next day.  Took an Easter nap with the animals before heading back. (I miss having Fluffer curl up and sleep next to me).
- The weekend after Spring Break Cru held their Spring Retreat at Kenosha Bible Church.  It was basically a massive slumber party with a big group of friends hanging out with some Christian lessons.  An obstacle course game was played as well as Taboo.  Deep spiritual talks were had, as well as baseball games at 3 in the morning.  Jeremy and I ended up pulling an all-nighter, and had a hard time ordering at McDonalds the next day at breakfast time.  ("It's so hard to order at 1 a.m..... I man 1 hour of sleep")



-  Went to a worship night at Epikos Church with Courtney and Jeremy. 
The Parkside Leadership Banquet took place, where Aly, Ashley. Robert and I represented Cru.
Parkside Cru also took a trip to the Miller Park Stadium for a game.  
May
- My mom and I visited the Living Light School of Worship for the open house.  I might be going there next year.  (Stay Tuned.) 
- That seem weekend I went back to the school to watch the students do a Songwriting Showcase.
- After school was over for the year, people from Cru went to Westby Wisconsin for a Christian Conference called Trek.  Here in Westby I met Lizzy and Anna, two girls who live very close to Slinger, and actually go to UWWC. Had to travel all the way across Wisconsin to meet them. :) The weekend night before we headed off to Trek the "Snoopwhales" were born, and the inside joke of "flipping ships." 

-My brother graduated college
June 
- Spent the day in Milwaukee with friends.  First went to Bayshore to share the love of God, then went to a beach.
-The next day I went to Six Flags for the 1st time in my life.  (I posted about the trip on this blog, so you can read that for details :)) 
- I went to Slinger High School to see Angela Pereira and Christian Hall graduate.  


- Laurette and Jeremy visited Slinger, and we went with Lizzy, Anna, and Jordan to love on the people at a nursing home in West Bend.  Later that night Laurette, Jeremy, and I saw Jurassic World together, after watching the original one at college together.  
- The day after that Courtney and her boyfriend at the time came up to Slinger so we could do a summer bible study.  
- The day after that Amber came to visit from Slinger from Green Bay with her boyfriend.  Jeremy and I visited her in Allenton.  That night was Angela's graduation which we both went to.  Jeremy went home.  
- Tried on my bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding in October.
-I started working with disabled kids at the Threshold Incorporated for their summer program. 
- My family had a gathering at Miller Park, and saw a Brewer's Game together.
July 
-Went to Summerfest with Liza, and saw Ed Sheeran. :D 
-Jeremy came to Slinger for a day, and we explored West Bend.
-Saw Shrek the Musical at the Schaurer Arts Center
- Went to Pennsylvania with Jeremy and his family for a Christian Conference.  (I posted about all the days earlier in my blog).

August
- August started out hard because Fluffer died unexpectedly. :(  We thought he just had a cold.  
-  Took a family vacation to Hayward with my parents.  My brother was in Mexico during that time.  

- We had a planning meeting for Cru at a giant house.  
-  Went to two bridal showers, one for my brother's fiancee, and one for my cousin, Erika. 
- Hung out in Milwaukee with Lizzy, Anna, Hannah, and Jordan for an end of the summer get together.  
September  (This is when the big changes, and growth started happening) :) 
- Started my second year at Parkside
- Started getting more involved with Living Light, and met a lovely girl named Milly who would run the Evangelism Training Class I was apart of.  
- Saw the "War Room" with my friends.  Afterwards went to Culbers and had to stay there for awhile due to a Flash Flood Warning.  
- Amber moved to Slinger after moving to Green Bay with her family earlier that year.  We went to a pumpkin farm, and painted them. We also went to Dairy Queen for Blizzards. (twenty-one-pilots themed.) 
-Took a trip to Milwaukee with Tyler and Jeremy to meet up with Anna, Lizzy, and their friends.  I posted about this weekend earlier in my blog.  
The next day Kelsey, Courtney, Mike, Alex, Jen, and Josh visited Living Light!  Afterwards we went with Trae to Applebees, then a Corn Maze.  Then hung out at Courtneys.  
October 
- Went to my brother's fiancee's bachelorette party.  We rented out a hotel room in Fort Atkinson, and saw "West Side Story"
- Laurette took the semester off but decided to visit Parkside!
- I got baptized in the Holy Spirit at Evangelism Training as we were in our time of prayer.
- My cousin Erika got married.  

-Living Light had 4? weeks straight of joined meetings.  This is very out of the ordinary.  
- My brother got married! :) 
- Saw twenty-one-pilots at the Rave with Amber and her sister.  It was so incredible :D  It was my first time at the Rave.
-Spent Halloween with at Lizzy's grandma's house for a movie night with her and her friends.  I dressed up like Tyler Joseph.  
November
- Took a trip to Wisconsin Lutheran College near Milwaukee to see Ethan perform a show with Trae, Aaron, and their friend Hailey.  (This experience was written about earlier on my blog as well.) 
- Went down to Chicago for Anna's 21st birthday.  (This was also written about) 
-Went to Cru in UW- Milwaukee
-Experienced the first snow with Kelsey and Courtney, after seeing Ethan perform again, this time at Divino Gelato.  
- I had my water baptism (Mom and Linda also went to Living Light for the first time!) 
-Thanksgiving was Celebrated
-Resigned from my Leadership position in Cru.
December
- Laurette visited Parkside the week before Finals.  We hung out at the SAC then went to see a play in Oak Creek with Kelsey and Courtney.  It was the story of Jesus's birth in a Christmas Carol style.  It was very confusing at first, because I didn't know it was based on the Christmas Carol at first, so a lot of things were different then what really happened :P.  We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner afterward.  It was a much needed girl's night.  
- Christmas Break started 
-  Went to a Christmas Party where we went to Enchantment in the Park.  (I posted about this weekend as well.)

- Went down to Racine to visit Trae, Laurette, and Mike.  
- Met up with Christian to catch up over coffee

- Celebrated Christmas Eve
- Celebrated Christmas 

- Celebrated New Year's Eve! I went bowling with my family.  

-2015 with a difficult but a happy year.  I grew immensely throughout the year after joining Living Light, and especially once I began my sophomore year at Parkside.  This is when I figured out that I can actually do things through the Holy Spirit.  (A lot of people don't realize spiritual gifts are actually very real, even to this day.  A lot of Christians also pass through "baptism in the Holy Spirit without knowing it exists.)  I've seen prophetic words come to life, and miraculous healings happen, which have grown me in my walk with God.  I also have found great mentors in God to talk to through the church if I ever have any questions, because some of these concepts were new to me.  I am ruined for God now, now that I see how Christians can have such a big impact.  This year God has spoken to me (not audibly), and the things he spoke didn't seem right at first, but made all the difference in the end.  He had actually protected me from being hurt.  (Obviously you have to distinguish if these things are actually from God first so you don't actually hurt yourself).  


I will end this post with honoring people who had a positive impact on my 2015.  Thank you to: Laurette Hargrove, Courtney Dunn, Kelsey Welter, Liza Moore, Jeremy and Andrea Nitz, Anna and Lizzy Cantrall, Trae Beem, Jordan Brinkman, Ethan Corrigan, Aaron Shanahan, Amber Hofer, Milly Garvin, Rachel and Jim Garnett, Rick Bingen, Kaila Bingen, Mom, Dad, Felicia Kreye, Mike Reno, Tyler Schneider, Aly Krizan, and Nicole Naden.

















No comments:

Post a Comment