Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Last Week of Break: Pondering

         One week left. One week. One week to enjoy the presence and comfort of my family, and my silly dog. In one week I'll be back in my apartment on campus. In one week I'll start class. In one week, will I be lonely, since none of my friends live on campus anymore. In one week will I be recovered enough to handle what the Spring semester has in store? In one week, I'll be back around my church family. I'll be able to see them and encourage and be encouraged by them. But I'm afraid. Not afraid of being in Kenosha/Racine, but afraid of what going back to Parkside will mean. Will I be able to connect with anyone in my classes, or like last semester, rush out of class once its over. Will I collect a ton of stress and burn myself out like last semester? I'm afraid, I'm so afraid. I didn't get the break I wanted but  I am grateful I had the time to recover. One week left at home. What should I do that I haven't yet? Before I go back what should I experience? I wish I had more weeks before facing this again. Weeks to experience what I missed out on, after being so sick.

     God please keep me strong. I need you so much. Please comfort my fears and protect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment