Thursday, October 17, 2019

LA Trip 2019 Day 1 (10/11/19)

     I left Parkside at around 8:30am. Our flight from Chicago to LA was at 10:35 with us arriving around 2pm. Everything went smoothly with the flight, so the next step was to go to the car rental place. The car rental we used Black and White car rental, sent us someone to pick us up and take us to the rental place free of charge. The ride was very short, like 5 minutes. Once there, there were two rich middle-aged Californian women looking to rent a Mercedes. They acted like any other rich middle-aged women stereotype, and at one point one woman asked me if I had change for $100 with me. The rental building was really nice, and was decked out for Halloween. I ended up picking the car rental place with the cheapest cars but best reviews, so we wouldn't end up at some sketchy place. I was very pleased with this place. We got a super nice 20/20 vehicle from Friday afternoon- Monday afternoon for a good price.
      Having not had much experience driving in big cities, I didn't feel to confident about my ability to drive in LA. Driving with a new vehicle in itself is always an interesting experience too. It was like I was learning to drive all over again the first couple of minutes. You hardly had to push on the breaks, the steering was easy, and the blinkers were really sensitive. So when you went to turn them off they would switch and light up the other direction. However I soon came accustomed to it, and am super proud of how well I did considering we probably drove a total of 8+ hours total.
     The first thing Shayna wanted to get in LA was boba tea which is a big thing in California. They have a lot of places everywhere in California with it. It's a tea drink with milk and tapioca balls at the bottom. The GPS took us to a mall, which we had fun exploring, especially with the fashion styled clothes of LA. The boba tea place had a drink called magic lemonade which was purple, yellow, and orange and tasted peachy. At one of the stores there was a feather duster looking sweater which I had to try on. (It was pretty soft actually). The mall had tons of "extra" fashion things. I ended up buying heart glasses that were blue and yellow, along with ripped jeggings at probably the cheapest store there. I am amazed by how comfortable those jeggings are. I did have a picture of the lemonade but it somehow got deleted off of my phone so rip.
   After visiting the mall we headed to the Santa Monica pier, and  got there right during sunset. The sunset looked exactly like the lemonade I had, had. My friend Shayna and I, who I had brought along rushed to pay parking then ran onto the beach to take pictures. 
















    After taking a couple of pictures we went onto the pier to look at some of the shops, then decided to get dinner. I decided to get a bread bowl with clam chowder soup. The bread bowl was huge, and was able to be reheated again for dinner the next day as well. After dinner we went on the ferris wheel, but unfortunately couldn't get any good pictures of the amazing views, due in part to the smokiness of the air that particular night, from the Saddleridge Fire. I noticed that the girl operating the Ferris Wheel was even wearing a mask. Here's a picture attempt anyway.
     After this we decided to go to our Air BNB for the next couple of days. On our way there we learned a lot about LA traffic. How when you're about to exit and get to the way right lane, suddenly before you exit there are three more lanes that you need to cross quickly, and how people with nice cars weren't as kind. How curvy the LA roads were. How there are a ton of stoplights and stop signs, etc. We missed a lot of exits, due to a lot of them appearing out of nowhere. 
    We got to the AirBNB and the owner gave us a tour of the house. The house was in a safe neighborhood, and the owners were very hospitable, and everything was nice and clean. The AirBNB owners had a chihuahua, which I guess a lot of LA people do. (They weren't kidding with the movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua I guess). The AirBNB was just South of LA and had less traffic, located in Bellflower/Inglewood California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment