Saturday, October 19, 2019

LA Trip Day 2

   I never sleep well my first time in a new place. So I didn't sleep real well at the Air BNB. Neither did Shayna, although we both eventually fell asleep. At our Air BNB they provided cereal, orange juice, and bananas. So we had that, then got ready for the day. While I was getting ready I noticed the Air BNB's owner's dog was wandering the around the street. I guess it's a normal thing for her to do. (People seem really trusting of others to not steal their dogs in LA). Our first stop of the day was the Venice Beach Boardwalk.

   We decided to go the cheaper route, and bought parking about a mile away from the boardwalk. It was cool to walk along Ocean Avenue, and look at all the LA houses. I am so amazed by the plants in the LA area. There's tons of different flowers, and succulents, it's really beautiful. We ended up getting vegan pizza on the boardwalk and I got lemonade too. The lemonade tasted like pure lemon juice and burned my throat going down. I thought I would eventually get used to it, but I never did. The boardwalk was a lot of fun, and had a lot of unique shops and street vendors. A lot of the street vendors were artists as well, and tried to sell their products.
    The boardwalk stretched on longer than we thought it would, and we didn't get to see it all. We realized that walking back to our parking spot after having had walked about 3 miles would be way too much work, so we got an Uber to our parking spot. We then drove to an icecream place with different icecream flavors from around the world called Wanderlust Creamery. At Wanderlust you can buy a tray of all 14 flavors but we both just got one icecream instead. I bought the European Kinder icecream, which was chocolate with hazelnuts.
      After walking we were pretty tired, so we decided to go back to the AirBNB for a little while and rest. Shayna took a nap and I laid out in the hammock in the backyard. We then had out dinner from the night before then went to Little Tokyo. Little Tokyo had a lot of super cute shops, and again we stopped at an Asian tea place. At one of the shops we went in, there was a ton of Beatles merchandise, however a lot of it wasn't for sale. I asked the owner about it, and it turns out the stuff was from her personal collection, and she was a big John Lennon fan.
    After leaving Little Tokyo we tried to go to a place that would give us a good view of LA at night, but we were unsuccessful. One of the places was a tourist trap, and cost way too much to go up. We decided to go back to the AirBNB for the night, and had trouble sleeping again, so we ended up getting Donuts down the street at 3am while having deep talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment