Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Reaching My Goals and Becoming Outgoing

       I had noticed that the Christian youth group on campus, was such a tight knit group of people.  I knew I wanted to be a part of that.  A goal I strived for. I would spend as much time as possible with the Cru people, hoping I would become part of the family.  A goal I was passionate about, but honestly didn't know if I could pull off.  But I looked at my friend group, and I didn't like what I saw minus Laurette (Shes had my back since Day 2 of college, love you girl.) I wanted something better for myself.  The people on 3 north who I had surrounded myself with for the most part all had a negative view on their life, their negativity didn't help me adapt to college.  It made things much harder, and more stressful.  I knew I needed more people like Laurette, who had a super positive view on life like 90% of the time.  We all have our moments of negativity of course, but its so much easier to hang out with people who are on fire for God.

     Another goal I've had since I was younger was to be outgoing. I was always outgoing with my friends, but when it came to random people, I just never knew what to say.  I didn't like that about myself, I just wanted to be able to talk to anyone.  For the most part I think I've accomplished that goal.  Especially looking at the events that have happened recently.  People come to Cru now and they come to me, and see me as the girl apart of this amazing Cru Family.  I am able to greet the new people who come to Cru and have conversations with them,  The self-conscious feeling that people really didn't actually like me vanished when I could see the genuineness of everyone's actions around me.  I've gotten super close with everyone in Cru, and it just makes me very very excited.  I still can be shy, and I don't always know what to say, but I'm working on it, and God has blessed me so much this far.  Everything's great, and I can honestly say I have found my true friends here.  Ones who do stupid stuff with me, sing with me, make me laugh, or talk to me at the late hours of the night.  Praise God for blessing me with such relationships.



2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how well your doing in college with your social life and classes! We are very proud of you Alex! We always knew you'd find your place when the time was right. God has great plans for you and the past years were just His way of teaching you lessons to get where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's totally awesome Alex! :) I like your story! You definitely are lots of fun to hang out with and have adventures with! :) I'm so glad that God is helping you reach your goals!!! :) <3!!!

    ReplyDelete