Friday, December 28, 2018

The Meaning Behind My Name

    After seeing Elizabeth Dubinsky make a status on Facebook about the meaning behind her name, it made me think about my name, and it's meaning.

      I've known for awhile that the meaning behind the name "Alexa" and "Alex" was "defender of mankind", but never really how that correlated with my life. I didn't really think it did. "Defender of mankind" seems like such a huge task. But then I thought about what has the most meaning for me in life, and it does have to do with defending. A big part of my life story is defending the lives of the unborn. It also has to do with defending my friends, and defending those with special needs. Showing the world that each life is important, and it matters no matter how different someone may be. Loving people and showing them that they matter, defending their lives and seeing them as sacred.

     My parents thought they were picking a random name, but all along God had brought the name to them. A name that has been molded around my life. It's so cool to look up your name and have it totally fit your life's purpose and story.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment