Sunday, July 5, 2015

Conference!!!!???

       In exactly two weeks yesterday I will be in Pennsylvania experiencing my first day at the New Wilmington Mission Conference (NWMC).  A conference my friend Jeremy has been going to literally since he was born.  This will be his 21st year, with no plan of stopping in the future.  An event he tries to add into most conversations just so he can have a chance to talk about it or relate it to Conference somehow.  He's not the only one who's this way, when I went to his house for the 1st time back in April, his family talked about Conference for hours.  A Conference talked about and praised that much gives me super high expectations and excitement which I am a little concerned about, I don't want to have my expectations crash down.
        I'm also pretty confident it will be a good time, since I've seen countdowns starting from over 100 days until Conference, and videos as well as posts all over about this Conference.  So I'm pretty excited to see what it has in store for me (It will also be in a different state, and I really enjoy traveling around/road trips.)  So I'm excited for that aspect of it too.
       I'm thinking of maybe trying to go in with possibly lower expectations so my heart doesn't get hurt in the process if things don't turn out as great or go differently then I had planned.  That way if it is as good as everyone says I will be completely mind-blown.  It's easy for me to have my heart hurt from too high of expectations so I'm really trying to avoid that, even though I don't doubt this will be a life-changing awesome occurrence.  I'm also pretty excited for the sexy hairnets I'll get to wear while working in the dining hall.
       Hopefully this experience will strengthen my relationship with God, provide me with great friendships, and strengthen my friendship with Jeremy and his family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment