Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Celebration of Fathers

   So I'm the sucky child who didn't get my dad anything for Father's Day.  So here's a post instead about how great he is.

      At a young age  I was able to do some pretty cool things, that not many kids probably get to do.  From a young age my dad bought a mini car for driving around the yard.  We have a pretty nice sized yard.  I drove it at a really young age at about 4.  I would end up driving up the side of the swing-set and tipping it over.  Luckily, I didn't get hurt from that.  We also had a four-wheeler to drive around the yard for when I got older.  In the winter I had a mini snowmobile to drive around the yard as well.  I had a lot of driving practice when I was younger.  My dad would also drive me around the yard on a golfcart.  That was always a ton of fun.  Now my little cousin wants us to drive her around on a golfcart too when ever she comes over, and I get to drive her around now.  (My dad, even set up an obstacle course in my backyard to help me practice for my driving test,)  To drive with the golfcart, not an actual car,  A few years ago as well, my dad bought a Go-Kart and decided to make a track in the snow.  Driving a Go-Kart on the ice/snow is super fun.
 
     Another thing about my dad, is that he never stops working.  He leaves our house at 4am, and doesn't get back until a little after 3pm, then proceeds to work on something in his garage or outside somewhere, whether that be making something, doing yardwork, or fixing someone's car.  I would usually go in the shop and watch, or do small jobs:  Pounding nails out of wood, picking up sticks in the yard, and planting trees to name a few.  He is the most hard-working person I know.  Even when on vacation, he feels like he needs to find something to work on/do.  He is against taking naps, which is probably why he thinks I need to do more.

   When I was younger and used to go grocery shopping with my parents my dad would always pick on me, (as if I wasn't picked on enough by my brother and his friends who literally put traps everywhere that I could fall into, and would play hide-and-seek tag where I always seemed to be it and climb trees so I couldn't tag them).  My dad was basically like a second child and would kick the bottom of my shoe as I was in mid-walk.

    One of the biggest characteristics of my dad though is his cheesy jokes.  He will continue to make puns or jokes related to one of the jokes he told throughout the week, most recently was naming every word with "den" in it after having a conversation about dens.  It could be a few days of not saying anything to do with a topic and he will suddenly come up with another word, and say it in the weirdest of times and I probably will burst out laughing.

   Happy Father's Day to a man who loves working hard, hiking, cars. and who introduced me to great Classic Rock Music.





No comments:

Post a Comment