Friday, June 19, 2015

My Leap of Faith

     God has mysterious ways of planning things, so sometimes when he tells you to do something it may seem super crazy.  I did seem super crazy to myself back in April, I trusted in him though and am very blessed because of it, because it has all worked out.
    Back in April I applied for a job that I thought would be perfect for me, working the summer program for The Threshold.  The Threshold is a place where special needs children/adults can go away for the day, and with the summer program we'd be taking kids 9-20 years of age all across Southeastern Wisconsin to do various activities.  I applied, did an interview, and was accepted into the program,
     The problem was I didn't feel totally comfortable with the whole thing.  I would just be working full time the entire summer, and barely have time to do anything else.  I didn't feel good about it.  The whole not being 100% sure, threw me off, a lot, and I began to think if taking the job could have been the right decision.  Signs from God proved this is not what God had planned for me.  So while at college I wrote a letter saying I would like to volunteer instead because I couldn't commit to a full-time job.  I was then told I'd be able to volunteer once a week, and that I should still come in for training.
    I found out by doing training for my job, one of the guys I went to school with was working there.  He had been the last one to be hired, meaning he had been hired after I refused to take the job.  I would find out the next week when I volunteered that he would be so good with the girl he was working with that God must have needed him for that job.
     It doesn't end there though.  After I went to training for the job I noticed the lady who was suppose to be on-call staff had been crossed off because she had refused the job.  I emailed my boss later that day, and she said she had an idea.  A boy had come in last-minute to be added to the summer program, and they needed another person to work, and this person only needed to work part-time.  This is what I had wanted.  I couldn't commit to full-time but I could definitely commit myself to just working part-time.
     God had a super complex plan that he brought forth and by trusting in him, I was able to be blessed by doing something I love, and keeping in touch with people I care about.  God truly is amazing.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Alex! That is so awesome! Praise God for his work in your life ! :) He is always thinking about us!

    ReplyDelete