Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Trek Day 1

       Mom went and bought us donuts, before we all headed up to Trek. (Laurette, Jeremy, and Tyler had all slept over the night before)  It’s always so great having a sleepover with Jeremy, his alarm is worship music playing from his iPod. :D We left Slinger a little before 8:30 and listened to a playlist Jeremy had created for the car ride on his iPod.  On the way we saw something called Willy’s Weiner Wagon.  Tyler took a picture of it. 
  We also came across a corn dog shack (Buy a corn dog, get a free stick.) and dinosaur statues.  Stopped at Culvers on the way for lunch.  Jeremy always gets a Kids Meal at Culvers.  For the free ice cream maybe?:P  Westby is super beautiful.  The camp was located in a valley between mountain-sized hills.  Our team color ended up being blue, which is perfect for our team name being the Snoop Whales.  We got to meet our three other teammates: Jordan, (Anna + Lizzy) (sisters) who were all actually from UWWC.  After meeting them we had a small introduction circle, then spent the afternoon doing team-building exercises.  On our hike up to the team-building exercises I discussed what the UWWC people do in West Bend.  When I was asked the question the first thing that came to my mind was go to Walmart.  (That isn’t a good thing to say to a guy who works at Target).  XD  The first obstacle course we did was called “The Beam”  which immediately reminded me of Trae. Trae Beem get it?  The mission of the obstacle was to get everyone in the team over the Beam which was probably about 8ft. high in the air.  I never thought we’d be able to do it.  It was pretty intense.  Everyone got over though, even Tyler who basically had to use his body strength to pull himself up.  Mike took a ton of pictures. 
Our second obstacle was the most challenging but also the most fun.  It was a ropes course over a mud bog.  We helped Mike get across one of the logs so he could feel like he accomplished something which was great.  I got overconfident with the whole ropes course thing, and with only like a foot to go, my foot slipped into the mud.  L  I was so careful.  Alex was the first to fall in the mud, and got the muddiest.  He almost lost his shoes, they were completely covered, I think Anna ended up pulling him out of there.  I never thought I’d be able to do that either, but I did a pretty darn good job. 
Our final obstacle was getting in between to wires without touching them.  Even though I didn’t feel like I touched the wire, I guess my hair did.  As a punishment they made me go through with a blindfold on and people guiding me, which is pretty impossible when you’re not even sure if your close to the wires or not.  Lizzy, who had already crossed the wires, went back to give me a pony tail for my hair.  (The wires were acting as an electric fence, so she got zapped.) 
After everyone had gotten through, we all sat in a circle again and discussed what we had learned, whilst Jeremy stabbed some dead leaves on the ground and handed them to me.  I put them in one of my hands and he kept doing it over and over.  What a great gift.  I proceeded to carry them all the way out to the main grounds, then was told it would be okay to let them go.  Once we got back I washed off my shoes and socks with a hose.  I never knew they would be able to get that clean again.  The day before going to Trek, mom thought it would be a good idea to buy me new socks.  Ha ha nope not really.  For supper we had dinner by the softball field.  So we all sat with our fellow Snoop Whales, and talked about the story behind “Snoop Whale” and the Whoo chant.  After dinner was the main meeting, which was about assurance of God.  Then we all drew pictures of things symbolic to our lives, and each took turns telling our story.  This is where everyone found out that Mike had brain cancer, and that’s why he’s been getting chemo.  It was super emotional hearing everybody’s story but very eye-opening.
  That night there was a fire to celebrate the day, on the way I tripped and banged my knee really hard, to heal I made a S’more and talked with Jeremy and Laurette.  A lot of the people at camp went to bed early.  So Laurette, Jeremy and I headed into the building before we were the only ones left by the fire.  Jordan and Tyler had a lot in common so they were talking in a little lounge area of the building.  We sat and talked with them until it was time to go to bed.  (My hair looked so on point, as well as my outfit
J

No comments:

Post a Comment