Sunday, August 2, 2015

4th Day of Conference (Tuesday)

   7/21:  I didn't end up writing barely anything for this, so that's a little sad.  I don't remember much that happened but I'll try to see if I can dig something up.
        At the morning meeting Walter did a rendition of "Uptown Funk" that was renamed to "Uptown Folk."  The song had been written by Maddy, and Walter and a few others did a dance to it.  Walter being the lead singer.  "Uptown Folk"  was a parody written about the experience of Conference with lines like
    - "Uptown folk are there for you."
    - "Take my cup put some coffee in it."
    - "Too hot, Pizza Joe's"
    - "Free time, Hallelujah!"
    - "Uptown here we go."
       I would post the link to this beautiful performance, but I don't think it's on YouTube.
      For lunch I was a dishwasher.   After lunch Jeremy gave me a new mission which was to find out what the Mission Bazaar was.  I wasn't able to ask him, Rachel, or Walter so I asked someone who's been at Conference just as long.  I ran up to Maddy and asked her.  She told me what it was, and I told Jeremy I was leaving.  It turned out to be like a missionary rummage sale with things from all over the world that missionaries didn't want to keep in their houses anymore at cheaper prices.  I was really intrigued by the things and ended up buying a mini wooden cross from Bethlehem, a fan from Japan, and a box of foreign stamps.  The box of foreign stamps was free.

     After visiting the store I went back to the dorms to go shower, only to find out the blood drive was taking place in the same building as Mission Bazaar had been.  I waited in the room for a long time at the blood drive but it turned out that I wasn't able to give blood because my hemoglobin level was too low.  At this point I was super tired so I went back to the dorms to go sleep for a bit.
       After the evening meeting God brought up a lot of hidden emotions for me so I had a quiet time that night before small group.  After small group I met up with a very tired Jeremy in the lobby to share with him certain memories I had written in my journal earlier that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment