Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The First Week of School (Day 1)

   I'd thought I'd do a post about my first week of college as a sophomore so you guys can check in on how I am doing.

   Going back to a campus where you know people there is so refreshing.  I don't have to be terrified by all the people here, of the unknown.  The freshman are the ones who look odd to me, I'm not the confused one anymore.
    This year I decided I wanted to live in the apartment.  The only flaw is living with 6 other girls.  That part scared me, and still does scare me.  The apartment is big though with three girls on my side and 4 on the other.  With a bathroom on each side.  I was originally suppose to live with my friend Ashley, but life went unplanned and she has to live with her grandma and take care of her.  I'm stuck in an apartment with total strangers.  It's a bit stressful, but so far the girl that shares my room with me seems nice.
    I got to campus at around noon with my parents and we had lunch after everything had been moved to my room.  I unpacked everything and got situated in.  Move in day ended up being 90 degrees.  It was crazy!  Once I got everything organized, my friend Jeremy met me in the lobby of his dorm building with his friend Kyle.  Kyle drove us to the police station so they could both pick up their parking passes.  (My parents had taken me there after lunch).  Kyle then drove us to the Student Center so he could show his friend around campus.  We ended up seeing Nicole in the parking lot and I ran after her.  At first I was afraid I was running after a complete stranger but it was her.  We went up to the Suites to see her boyfriends room.  When we got up to the 4th floor, I saw someone who had left campus but I guess he was back for the new year.  I really wished he would have stayed off campus because I really can't stand him.  After our adventures to the suites, I hung out with Jeremy in his dorm for a little bit and  met his once invisible roommate.
    I then went back to my dorm for a short nap, and then went to a Cru planning meeting at 8 which lasted until 10.  I left for 20 minutes to go to the mandatory apartment meeting.  It basically said don't do drugs, don't light candles, and don't be loud during quiet time.  After the Cru planning meeting Jeremy. and I went to the den where we saw Kyle again.  We ate a snack at the den and talked and Chris (Cru staff) joined us.  Then I came back to my room to type this.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment